This is a PSA about dealing with failure as an entrepreneur.
The road of entrepreneurship can be a bumpy one to say the least and dealing with failure is a skill that you’re gonna have to master.
When you don’t have a boss telling you what to do, making decisions, and figuring out things for you, you’re left with yourself to figure things out. When things go right, you feel like a super hero, like a bad ass. But when things go wrong, you can start to feel like a big huge stupid failure.
I have been on the failure side so many times that I’ve even perfected it into a simple to follow 8-step process.
Watch the video below for real-life examples of each step.
- First you want to deny it, deny the failure completely.
- Next comes acceptance. Accept that it was a complete and utter failure.
- Then you want to repeatedly bang your head on your desk.
- And then immediately after that, you’re gonna wanna eat your feelings. (Preferably with some form of chocolate.)
- The next step is to verbally declare that you’re quitting. You don’t even have to know what you’re quitting, just declare that you’re quitting.
- Next you want to perform a relaxing technique of PFS. PFS is short for “Puppy, Fetal position, Self-loathing”.
- Then you’re gonna wanna find the silver lining or the lesson that every failure has. (There’s always one!)
- And finally, because you are a bad ass, you’re gonna get your ass back to work and you’re gonna figure it out for next time.
So there ya have it! That is my simple 8 step process for dealing with failure as an entrepreneur.
Are you also a master at dealing with failure? Do you have a similar routine? Do you have any tips to add? Put them in the comments!
Don’t forget to share & subscribe to the YouTube channel 🙂